Below are some standard services conducted during a basic RI Home Watch checklist review visit. Individual checklists specific to each property will vary widely.
We use QRIDit® for our property visit reporting, you can learn more about QRIDit® here or to see a sample of the Property Visit Report you will receive via email when RI Home Watch visits your property – click here.
- Check HVAC settings and temperature.
- Check for evidence of water leaks or damage and check for visual signs of mold and mildew.
- Run faucets, sink disposals, and flush toilet
- Check that main water valve is turned off after each inspection (unless otherwise requested by client).
- Check electric panel for tripped breakers and make sure electric water heater breaker is turned off (if requested).
- Review entire property including basement and garage.
- Walk exterior perimeter of single family homes including sheds, pools, saunas, etc.
- Visual review of roof(s) for obvious signs of damage or missing shingles..
- Collect any mail and/or packages if requested.
- Review of landscaping and grounds for signs of disturbance, vandalism or infestation.
- Complete the Homewatch Checklist Report completed during each visit.
- Any issues discovered during the visit and review of your property, an immediate report will be sent to the owner or manager.